Why Do I Need an Experience Surrogacy Lawyer?
Surrogacy is a big step for your family and your future. With so much at stake, you want trusted guidance and experienced counsel to guide you through your surrogacy from beginning to end.
An attorney can provide you with the answers, representation and support you need during the surrogacy process. I am attorney and counselor Ellen Essig and I help families and individuals with surrogacy in Ohio, throughout the United State and internationally. Since 1986, I have been assisting clients with surrogacy and family building needs. I can help you understand why you need a surrogacy attorney and advise you on your options.
Building Families through Surrogacy
Contact Ellen Essig, Attorney & Counselor
The Importance of a Surrogacy Attorney
When you are going through the surrogacy process, either as an Intended Parent or as a Surrogate, it is important for you to have your own independent legal counsel. A surrogacy lawyer can help you with every aspect of your surrogacy, including:
- Drafting a surrogacy contract
- Seeking a birth order
- Finding a surrogate directly or through a matching company
- Becoming a surrogate
- Protecting your parental rights.
What to Look for in a Surrogacy Lawyer
When selecting an attorney to represent you, you should look for:
- Experience: You need an attorney who has extensive, not occasional experience handling these types of cases and who can tell you what to expect in your surrogacy.
- Credentials: While an attorney's affiliation with a credentialing agency is not essential, it can help you assess the attorney's reputation and experience.
- Knowledge: Before hiring an attorney, ask him or her questions to test their knowledge in the area.
- Reputation: Conduct research about the attorney online or seek a referral from someone you trust.
I have been helping families with surrogacy and family issues for more than two decades. I have developed an in-depth understanding of the process, procedures and the laws regarding surrogacy. I am a Fellow of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys and the American Academy of Assisted Reproductive Technology Attorneys.
Contact an Ohio Fertility Attorney
If you have questions about why you need a surrogacy attorney, ask about my surrogacy practice and how I can help you. Please contact me online